Special Event & Special Event Liquor Licenses

“Special Events” include commercial activities or acts of a limited duration located on real property within the Town boundaries. Examples include home and garden shows, classic car shows, concerts, private parades, and the events set forth in Town Code Article 8-07 (as amended). It is unlawful for any person to carry on any business or special event as defined herein without having procured a business license from the Town in accordance with Town Code section 8-02-020. This includes (but is expressly not limited to) privilege tax licenses required by Town Code §8A-300.

Please note: Special Event licenses are issued for each specific event and each specific location. A license issued for one event may not be used for another event in Prescott Valley. Special event licenses expire when the special event ends.

special events stock shot

Sponsor Responsibility

The sponsor or the sponsoring organization is responsible for applying for a special event license.  The sponsor must display the Special Event License during the event.

Per Town Code 8-02-070 the following events will need to pay a fee per day.

  • Carnivals/Circuses - $120
  • Rodeos - $30

Other Special Events (30-day maximum):

  •  Single Vendor - 15.00 per event
  •  Multiple Vendor – 250.00 per event

Please note: Reservations for use of all Prescott Valley Park facilities, and/or for conference rooms or meeting space at the Civic Center and at the Library can be arranged with the Parks and Recreation Department at 928-759-3090.

Special Event Liquor Licenses

Use of liquor on any Town of Prescott Valley property requires:

  1. A letter to Council asking for approval and indicating:
    1. Where the event is taking place
    2. Who is sponsoring the event
    3. When the event is taking place
    4. What kind event is taking place
  2. Evidence of liability insurance - coverage naming the Town of Prescott Valley as an additional insured for the event in an amount of no less than $1 million with endorsement.
  3. All events must have security personnel hired for the duration of the event. One for every 50 people.
  4. Special Event Liquor License Fee is $75, including premises/patio extensions. Limited to 1 extension per year. Fee to be paid at time of application.
  5. The special event application material must be received 30 days before the scheduled event.
  6. All required rental/deposit fees must be paid at the time of the reservation.

Taxes: New Tax Rate effective January 1, 2016-Total Rate 9.18%, Town Rate 2.83%

Retail Sales

The sale of tangible personal property, including arts and crafts, must be licensed and vendors are responsible for payment of transaction privilege taxes under the retail classification.

Restaurant (Food & Beverage)

Sales of food or beverages are taxable under the Restaurants and Bars classification.


The Transaction Privilege Tax on amusements applies whenever an admission is charged for events or entertainment. Any fees charged for activities such as games, rides, horse rides, balloon rides, sporting events, concerts, tours, races (including admission fees) are subject to tax under the amusements classification.

Other Sales

Sales from programs, souvenirs and other related items are taxable under the retail classification. Admission to events and lectures are also taxable.